ThoroughBid will be conducting all of its auctions in accordance to the latest Bloodstock Industry Code of Practice published in August 2021 (The New Code).
ThoroughBid expects all users participating in any auction to adhere to 'The New Code' at all times.
Vendor's attention is drawn to the ThoroughBid Conditions of Sale, which are accessible via the website at the bottom of the page.
- Click on ENTER A HORSE
- From the drop down menu select the type of horse that you are selling and then continue to fill out the 5 step entry process.
- Once you have completed the entry form you will receive an email with payment details. ***Please note your entry will not be valid until the entry fee has been paid***
- To add photos, videos and vet documents go to the MY ENTRIES section under MY ACCOUNTS. You will see a list of your entered horses, then click on Add Media.
- In order to upload videos you will first need to upload them to your YouTube account and get a URL.
- To create a YouTube account go to YouTube, in the top right click Sign in, then click Create Account.
Fees are £250+VAT which must be paid before a horse can be catalogued. Once you have entered a horse you will be presented with our bank details so you can transfer the listing fee, if you would rather pay by card please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on: 07818 470105.
***Please note that until a horse is paid for it will not be listed on our website***
There is no Vendor sales commission.
- Entries close at 5pm 3 days prior to the catalogue launching. However Wildcard entries will be accepted at ThoroughBid's discretion, contact the office directly.
- Video and photo deadline- 9am on the day of catalogue launch by uploading pictures and videos to MY ENTRIES section on the website.
- Health certs and veterinary information - 5pm 3 days prior to auction starting by uploading pictures and videos to MY ENTRIES section on the website.
Each Lot is sold subject to one or more of the following basis for sale:
1. 'Sold with a Pre-Sale Veterinary Certificate' and 'subject to post-sale re-examination'
2. 'Sold with a veterinary certificate of pregnancy' and 'subject to post-sale re-examination'
3. 'Sold with a veterinary certificate of suitability for breeding' and 'subject to post-sale re-examination'
Vendors should note that horses sold will be subject to the following testing below:
- Horses in and out of Training- Anabolic steroids, Bisphosphonates, Clenbuterol, Corticosteroids, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Piroplasmosis
- Yearlings- Anabolic steroids, Bisphosphonates, Clenbuterol, Corticosteroids, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Piroplasmosis
- Broodmares- Piroplasmosis
- Stallions- Piroplasmosis
- Foals- No testing
Vendors are reminded to disclose any and ALL vices, unsoundness, and other important veterinary information at time of the entry. (As referred to clause 9.1 in Schedule 1, Terms of Sale, of ThoroughBid’s Term and Conditions).
Vendors attention is drawn to the documentation in the downloads section, 'Documents Required from Sellers' which are required for each lot as described in Schedule 3, of ThoroughBid’s Terms and Conditions.
The details and descriptions of all lots in sales are provided by the Vendors who are solely responsible for their accuracy. Pedigrees will be provided by ThoroughBid from Arion Pedigrees LTD, it is also the Vendor's responsibilty to check the accuracy of these.
All reserves will be the minimum selling price.
The auction will be live for 8 hours for people to place bids.
All vendors are reminded that they must make every reasonable effort to allow purchasers to view/ vet horses from catalogue launch up until time of sale.
When the Vendor is the highest bidder for their lot and wishes the lot to be listed as "Bought In" rather than "Unsold". Under these circumstances vendors will be charged 2.5% commission on the hammer price.
This is a function for re-offering unsold lots for a period of 7 days post sale day. Potential purchasers can submit an offer to secure an unsold horse subject to their offer being accepted by the vendor.
Sales proceeds will be available from the 7th working day after hammer fall (subject to there being no disputes).
RVB Currency UK Ltd (“RVB”), a UK registered company (company number 7586693), is the banking services provider to Thoroughbid Limited. RVB is regulated by the FCA as an Authorised Payment Institution (FRN: 593854) and is regulated by HMRC as a money transmitter under license number: 12653819. RVB Terms & Conditions dated 1st September 2020 are available at Elsley Court, 20-22 Great Titchfield Street, London. W1W 8BE. Tel: +44 20 31 37 68 81
Åland Islands, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Saint Martin (French part), Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States.
Please note, payments can be instructed to countries outside of this list as long as the country is not sanctioned.